New Hampshire homeowners choose to install water softeners for a number of different reasons. That’s because hard water can affect your home in many different ways, so softening your home’s water can lead to all kinds of improvements. In fact, you might have problems in your home that you didn’t even realize were caused by hard water. Today we’re going to help you decide whether or not a water softener is right for you by talking about seven great benefits of installing a water softener in your home!
7 great benefits of installing a water softener
- 1. Gets rid of limescale. Limescale is the white crusty substance that builds up around plumbing surfaces like your sinks, bathtubs and faucets. Not only is limescale ugly, but it can also be very difficult to remove. Limescale is nothing more than a buildup of hardness minerals that come from your home’s tap water, so installing a water softener is best way to avoid it.
- 2. Protects your appliances. Another problem with limescale is that it can build up inside of your home’s water-using appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine, which can cause damage and reduce their life expectancies. Installing a water softener will protect those appliances from limescale, which will help keep them running smoothly and maximize their operating lives.
- 3. Reduces risk of plumbing problems. Hardness minerals will accumulate inside of your home’s pipes over time if you have hard water. This can cause plumbing issues like clogs and reduced water pressure. By installing a water softener, you can avoid expensive calls to the plumber and keep water flowing freely throughout your home.
- 4. Improves effectiveness of soaps and shampoos. Soaps and shampoos do not lather well in hard water. As a result, showering in hard water can make your hair feel knotty and dry and soap residue can cling to your skin. By softening your home’s water, you’ll feel much better after bathing because your hair and skin will feel softer and your body will be cleaner.
- 5. Makes your water softener more efficient. Hardness minerals tend to accumulate at the bottom of water heater tanks. This forms a barrier between the water inside the tank and the heating elements underneath, which can greatly reduce your water heater’s efficiency. That’s why many homeowners have much lower monthly water-heating bills after they install a water softener.
- 6. Keeps your clothes soft and colorful. When you wash your clothes in hard water, it can damage their fabrics and cause colors to fade. Installing a water softener will keep your clothes feeling soft and will keep their colors intact, even after repeated washes.
- 7. Keeps your dishes sparkly and clean. One of the tell-tale signs of hard water is when your dishes and glassware look cloudy and spotty after they go through the dishwasher. After installing a water softener, your dishes will look crystal clear after they come out of the dishwasher and you won’t find any streaks or white residue on them.
If you have any questions about the benefits of installing a water softener, or if you’d like a water system serviced or installed in your home, contact McBride’s Water Advantage, your water softener and water filtration system dealer in Epsom, NH. We provide service all over New Hampshire, including towns like Pittsfield, Barnstead and Allenstown, NH.
photo credit: 86530412@N02 via photopin (license)